Thursday, March 19, 2015

Grammar English (small part)




 +Present Continuous

The present continuous is usually use to talk about present event that we see 
as the short-term. We use present simple to talk about present event and it show the long-term. There is some of example the below:

- It is raining.
- Who is Linda talking to on the telephone?
- Look, somebody is trying to steal that man’s wallets.
- I am not looking. My eyes are closed tightly.

 These are the example of Present simple:

- I am looking for a new apartment.
- He is thinking about leaving his work.
- They are considering making the appeal against the judgment.
- Are you getting enough sleep?

In this example the action has been finished. For example:

- I am meeting  it at 7:00.
- They are not arriving a special dinner at a top restaurant for all the senior managers.

+Present simple: 

We use present simple to talk about action and event that we see a long-term, it is very common and very important tense. 

For Example:
- They drive  to the office every day.
- She does not come here very often.
- The news usually start at 8:00 every morning. 
- We have two children.
- What does this expression mean?
- The plane leave at 7:00 tomorrow morning.
- Does the class being at 2 or 3 week ?
 Look at the compare about present continuous and present simple, Start now:
- I do not usually have cereals for the breakfast but I having some this morning because there is nothing else.
- I usually cycle to work but I am taking the car this morning because it raining very hard.
- I am thinking about having my hair cut short but I do not my husband will be very happy about it.
- My parents live in Cambodia but I am just visiting.




0 comments:

Post a Comment